Christmas is BIG in China….
- Decorations and bling and tinsel and “Merry Christmas” signs every where you look
- Christmas trees and bright lights on every street and in every store and in just about every tree along the main streets
- Christmas carols (in English) – spiritual and secular – broadcast across in-store loudspeakers
- Christmas songs (sometimes with strange translations from English to Mandarin) – e.g. Ding Ding Dang for Jingle Bells!
- Sales and discounted prices to encourage the maximum amount of spending from holiday shoppers
- Waiters dressed up as Santa Clause
- Many of the decorations remain in the buildings and on the streets to see in the Chinese New Year that starts towards the end of January or early February
圣诞快乐！shèngdàn kuàilè – 新年快乐！xīnnián kuàilè – Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!